Monday, April 18, 2011

Success!

Last time I blogged, we had our nutrition activity running on Sugar, but it wasn't filling the whole window.  After trying several different options, we finally found a command that makes the window open in fullscreen mode, and that worked.  The only problem was that there was no way to exit out of the activity.  For now, we just added an exit button.  In the future, it would be nice to add the Sugar-style toolbar which would have its own exit button.

There were still quite a few steps to getting our activity published on the Sugar Activities website.  We created a wiki from which you can download the activity.  It also contains a list of the features we would like to add to our activity in the future.  We added our source code to Gitorious since it is an open source project.  Then we submitted our activity to Sugar.  Our activity's profile can be found here

Today I had to go back into the activity's profile and add a few things that I missed yesterday.  I needed to add Alex as one of the authors, and our logo so it would show up on the profile page.  This proved to be somewhat difficult.  It took me awhile to even get to the place where I could edit this information, and when I got there, the links and buttons to add information weren't working.  I hopped onto the Sugar IRC channel, and asked if anyone had advice.  They did, and I was able to add the missing information.  That was a little exciting for me because it was the first time I had used the IRC (except when we were just messing around because we had to use it for a class assignment).

We also created a poster about the Nutri activity for Thursday's poster session.  I think it turned out pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment