Thursday, April 21, 2011

Last Blog

The Nutri activity is complete.  So far, there have been 15 downloads.  We've submitted our poster, and we're almost finished with our presentation. 

The activity we submitted is very simple.  Our goal with this project was mainly to walk through the whole process of creating and publishing a Sugar activity, not so much to have a great activity with lots of great features.  Now that it's been published, I'd like to continue working on it so that it can be a really neat and helpful activity.  Initially, I'd like to refactor the code a little and make it more readable for future updates.  (This will also help me to become more familiar with the Python and PyGTK that we used since I wasn't as involved in this part of the project as others on my team.)  I'd also like to update the GUI a bit.  I think that just a few simple changes will make it look more Sugar-ish and kid-friendly. 

Overall, this was a fun project, and it has been so exciting to see the Nutri activity up on the Sugar Activities site.  I do wish we had divided up the work for the project more effectively.  If we each had our own portions to work on, we might have ended up with a better finished product.  Our last meeting (during which time we finished up the activity and submitted it) was the most productive because we each worked on a different aspect.  One person worked on our presentation.  I worked on submitting the activity, adding our code to Gitorious, and adding all the important information to the Nutri wiki.  Another person worked on our poster.  If we could have worked that efficiently during the whole semester, we could have had an even better activity.  Even so, I am very pleased with our work this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment